Binna Burra Lodge
1040 Binna Burra Road, Beechmont QLD 4211, Gold Coast
Ask us about our low prices!
About Binna Burra Lodge
Binna Burra Lodge is an authentic heritage listed eco-lodge offering a genuine Australian experience in nature.
Positioned 800 metres above sea level amidst the sub-tropical rainforest of Lamington National Park in the Gold Coast Hinterland, Binna Burra is centre stage to some of Australia’s most spectacular natural features. The unique isolation provides the perfect escape from the stresses of everyday life and a chance to get back to basics, interact with nature and experience a freedom and sense of peace that few places can offer.
The Lodge holds the enviable status of being the first Australian property to attain the internationally-recognised Green Globe Certification for its best practice environmental performance, and was listed in the top 10 Eco-Lodges and Green Hotels in the World (‘Independent Traveller’).
Welcoming guests since the early 1930's, major bushfires in September 2019 destroyed many of the core heritage-listed buildings. Binna Burra reopened in September 2020.
Binna Burra Lodge offers a range of accommodation styles and experiences to suit. For a taste of luxury and breathtaking views, check out the Sky Lodges and see what you've been missing out on! Sky Lodges are Binna Burra’s award-winning accommodation for those wanting a luxury apartment-style escape. Their one-of-a-kind views are second to none. Spacious one, two and three bedroom eco-friendly apartments and studios, featuring captivating views across the Coomera and Numinbah Valleys. Enjoy a spa bath, curl up in front of the cosy fireplace, or simply sit back and take-in the breathtaking views.
Binna Burra Tea House -
located just a short walk away from the Sky Lodges, right on the doorstep to Lamington National Park is now open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Tea House also offers a well-equipped shop with a small range of groceries, basic supplies, gift items and more. Open Sunday to Thursday from 6:30am to 6:30pm (early dinner) and Friday to Saturday from 6:30am to 8:30pm.
The Grooms Cottage -
always the heart of Binna Burra Lodge, it is now one of the last remaining Heritage buildings. In September 2020 it was reopened as a ‘Bushwalkers Bar’. Relax by the communal campfire whilst enjoying local beer and wine, share boards, barista-made coffee and more, for a spectacular sundowner experience. Takeaway barbecue packs are also available. Open 7 days a week from 3:30pm to 7:00pm.
Activities (booking fees apply
From adventure to relaxation and everything in between, your holiday is covered! Binna Burra has partnered with locally operated adventure company ParkTours to get you exploring the great outdoors. Take your pick from archery, guided park tours and full-day hikes, spotlighting night walks, yoga, Qi Gong, kids activities and more! The experienced Guides from ParkTours will be running activities seven days per week. Note
: spaces are limited on some activities so please be sure to check availability when planning your visit to Binna Burra. All activities are weather dependent.
- guides will take you on an adventure through the natural beauty of Lamington National Park. Some of these walks are rated as the best in Australia by Australian Geographic and offer a range of different distances and attractions. Experience the wonders of the complex geology from volcanic activity, or the cool temperate rainforest pockets full of Antarctic Beech. Remember to keep your eyes aloft as you might just see a koala sitting sleepily in the branches or the chatter of bowerbirds and catbirds as you walk. Suitable for all ages (children under 13 must be with an adult) | walk distances vary from 1 hour to 4.5 hours (approx).
Bush Tucker Walk
- the forest is full of different bush foods and medicines. With the guide's knowledge, discover the bush tucker of Yugambeh country, the medicinal properties of various plants and how you might grow some bush tucker at home. You just might get to taste some local treats like lemon myrtle. Suitable for all ages | 60 min duration.
- join in on this engaging nocturnal walk as the forest comes alive. You may encounter marsupials like local pademelons, possums and gliders, alongside micro-bats, owls and maybe even a spider or two! Suitable for all ages | 60 min duration.
Welcome to Binna Burra Walk (included for all Sky Lodge guests)
- discover the characters that built Binna Burra and learn about recent history. This orientation walk will give you a sense of place and help you discover all the facets of Binna Burra. Includes a welcome drink and nibbles. Suitable for all ages | 60 min duration.
start your day with a one hour outdoor class, including breath work, meditation techniques, relaxation and mindfulness. This is a gentle class designed to connect you to yourself and the surrounding natural world. Suitable for ages 13+ | 60 min duration.
Mindful Mornings -
take time out to feel the benefits of some mindful practices in nature. Connect with the moment and your senses via tea, essential oils, music and guided meditations. A gentle walk and time for reflective journaling will bring you back to your body, mind and spirit, ready for what the day may bring. Suitable for ages 13+ | 90 min duration | suitable for all abilities.
Nature Crafts -
fun, nature-based art for little and big kids. A chance to create and paint your own nature craft to take home or make a totem for your time at Binna Burra. Includes all art supplies, snacks and short walk (weather dependent). Suitable for all ages | 120 min duration.
everyone loves to shoot arrows. In fact, archery has been around for almost 15,000 years and was once critical to human survival. Guides will explain how to hold the bow and aim for the target - all you have to do is hit the bulls-eye! It’s fun, great for hand-eye co-ordination. Suitable for ages 7+ | 75 min duration.
How to Get There
It's an easy all-bitumen drive from Brisbane or the Gold Coast. Allow approximately 90 minutes from Brisbane, 60 mins from Coolangatta or 50 minutes from Surfers Paradise.
If travelling on the Pacific Motorway (M1)
, take the Nerang turn-off (exit 69 Southbound or exit 73 Northbound) and follow the signs Nerang West/Binna Burra. Take the turn off to Beechmont and head straight up the mountain. Binna Burra Lodge is located 10km from the roundabout, at the top of the mountain.
If travelling south from Brisbane on the Mt Lindsay Highway
(Beaudesert Rd), turn left at Jimboomba on to Mundoolun Connection Rd at the service station. On reaching the T intersection, turn left towards Tamborine/Beenleigh; after 2km turn right to Canungra. (If travelling from Beaudesert follow the Gold Coast signs to Canungra.) Once at Canungra, follow the signs 19km to Beechmont and 10km from the roundabout to Binna Burra Mountain Lodge.
- Bar / Lounge
- Barbecue Facilities
- Cafe / Coffee Shop
- Kids Club / Child Activity Program
- Restaurant - Licensed
- Adventure Activities
Check in 2:00pm
Check out 10:00am
Parking Free car parking
Children & Extra Guests Extra guests allowed at additional charge
Gold Coast Airport: 65km
Brisbane Airport: 114km
1040 Binna Burra Road, Beechmont QLD 4211, Gold Coast